2017 Oxford Trust Enterprise Awards
We are delighted to announce that the 2017 Oxford Trust Enterprise Awards (in partnership with Venturefest Oxford) will take place on Tuesday June 20th next year, at The Kings Centre on Osney Mead in Oxford.
Established in 2005, The Oxford Trust Enterprise Awards recognise and celebrate the breadth of innovative companies and individual science entrepreneurs working in the region. Over the past 11 years, around 40 individuals and businesses have won an Enterprise Award. The awards support entrepreneurs who are just starting out on their journey to success, ranging from those involved in ground-breaking life sciences and cutting edge engineering to boundary pushing digital technologies. They also reward established businesses who have made an impact on the regional economy.
The award categories are:
· Triteq Young Entrepreneur Award
· Marks&Clerk Best Tech Pitch Award
· Best Pitch in Digital
· Best Pitch in Life Sciences
· Award for Innovation
· The Oxford Trust Special Award
The Best Pitch and Young Entrepreneur awards are now available exclusively to participants in Venturefest Oxford’s growing annual programme of ‘pitching’ events; activities that include Pitchfest and Pitching for Success, which is run at the main Venturefest Oxford event each summer. The next Pitchfest event is on Friday 18th November 2016.
SUCCESS IN 2016
· 73 companies were eligible for the Enterprise Awards across all categories and 25 were shortlisted.
· 92 people attended the awards evening from 30 different organisations.
· Guests included 60 science innovation entrepreneurs and investors.
· Over one hundred science-themed cocktails were shaken and 80 Pimms jelly puddings devoured.
· 12 marshmallow and spaghetti towers were built during dinner.
· 5 awards were presented and £8000 handed over in prize money to the category winners.