Founded by the Trust in 2006, Science Oxford is the public-facing brand of the The Oxford Trust. We are passionate about encouraging young people in science, technology, engineering and maths.
We run the Science Oxford Centre, the UK’s first integrated indoor-outdoor hands-on science centre for early years and primary-aged children. We are open to schools during the week and for Family Open Days every other Saturday as well as for special holiday events in our workshop and theatre spaces.
We also have a range of outreach activities available to schools.
- over 30 exciting shows and workshops linked to the primary curriculum
- kit loan to enhance classroom science teaching and after school club activities
- CPD training for primary teachers
- the Big Science Event
Our STEM Careers programme is designed to create opportunities for secondary school to help them gain the information, knowledge and skills that could springboard them into a STEM career.
We also create the very best in live science events and workshops for families and adults.
Each year Science Oxford:
- delivers science outreach activities to nearly 17,000 school pupils.
- provides CPD training and support to over 600 teachers.
- runs more than 25 science workshops and talks for adults.
- creates and delivers family shows that reach over 8000 people.
- runs drop-in science workshops that are visited by thousands of people.
The organisation works across Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire.